Wolverton Works LNWR 1906
Wolverton works were the largest works entirely devoted to Carriage building and repairs in the United Kingdom. As Carriage Works pure and simple their history dates from 1865, but years before this, in 1838 to be exact, works were erected here by the Directors of the London and Birmingham Railway for the building and repairs of their locomotives, and these works continued as Locomotive Works until 1865.
This booklet is a facsimile of the booklet issued by the London & North Western Railway Company at the time of it’s Diamond Jubilee in 1906. Only the cover has been modified to allow a better presentation suited to the twenty first century.
The text which is amply supported by plates taken inside the works, takes us on a journey around the departments that could be found in the works describing the equipment, materials, processes and people involved within the works. A fold out plan is included inside the back cover which covers both the works and the town of Wolverton.