The Modelling Guide - Lineside Equipment and Road Vehicles - by Dave Pennington.
This guide is intended as an
introduction to sources of information for modelling LNWR Structures — buildings,
bridges and tunnels. It contains the most important and useful sources as well as references
to the means of finding further information such as drawings and photographs which are too
numerous to list here.
- LNWR Portrayed by Jack Nelson
- Published by Peco 1975 0-900586-45-1. Section on lineside equipment.
- LNWR Liveries by E. Talbot, G. Dow, P.A. Millard et al
- Published by HMRS 1986 0-902835-08-4. Sections on signposts, station equipment and road vehicles with drawings and photographs.
- A Pictorial Record of LMS Road Vehicles (Inc LNWR) by H.N. Twells & T.W. Bourne
- Published by OPC 1983 0-86093-174-9.
- 1925 Diagrams of Ex LNWR Road Motor Vehicles (Copy).
- Published by the LNWR 1925
- Railway Motor Buses and Bus Services in the British Isles 1902-1933. Volume 1 by J. Cummings
- Published by OPC 1978 86093-011-4.
- LNWR Society Journal and many other railway and modelling magazine articles listed in
Society Periodical Bibliography.
LNWR Documents in Society Archives.
- A few documents on specific items — see Archive List.
- Diagram Book. Platform and other barrows. Photo and dimensions for each type and diagrams of standard truck wheels. List of trucks & station furniture with ref nos. Diagrams dated 1911 onward.
- Four Photographs of Station Lamps. Front and side elevations of two styles of sloping front station lamps with Zenith and Eclipse burners.
- LNWR Society Journals and magazines — see Periodical Bibliography.
- Archive Drawings — see Drawing Copy Service lists and Archive Drawing list.
- Large collection of Earlestown drawings of horse drawn goods vehicles
- 1893 Carriage Diagram Book contains elevations of Horse buses
- LNWR Society collection — see Photograph Copy Service, Study Centre and Zenfolio site.
- National Railway Museum
- Historical Model Railway Society