The Modelling Guide - Signalling Equipment and Signal Boxes - by Dave Pennington.
This guide is intended as an
introduction to sources of information for modelling LNWR Structures — buildings,
bridges and tunnels. It contains the most important and useful sources as well as references
to the means of finding further information such as drawings and photographs which are too
numerous to list here.
- A Pictorial Record of LNWR Signalling by R.D. Foster
- Published by OPC 1982 0-86093-147-1. Detailed chapters on all aspects, with drawings and photographs.
- LNWR Portrayed by Jack Nelson
- Published by Peco 1975 0-900586-45-1. Sections on signals and signal boxes with many drawings and photographs.
- LNWR Liveries by E. Talbot, G. Dow, P.A. Millard et al
- Published by HMRS 1986 0-902835-08-4. Section on signals and signal boxes.
- LNWR Society Journal and many other railway and modelling magazine articles listed in
Society Periodical Bibliography.
LNWR Documents in Society Archives.
- A few documents on signalling — see Archive List.
- LNWR Society Journals and magazines — see Periodical Bibliography.
- Archive Drawings — see Drawing Copy Service lists and Archive Drawing list.
- Some drawings of signal equipment
- Some drawings of signal boxes
- Some station signalling diagrams
- LNWR Society collection — see Photograph Copy Service, Study Centre and Zenfolio site.
- National Railway Museum
- Historical Model Railway Society