The Modelling Guide - Track layouts, Track and Formation - by Dave Pennington.
This guide is intended as an introduction to sources of information for modelling LNWR and West Coast Joint Stock carriages and other vehicles that ran in passenger trains. It contains the most important and useful sources as well as references to the means of finding further information such as drawings and photographs which are too numerous to list here.
- British Railways Layout Plans of 1950s
- Volumes on sections of the LNWR. Sketch plans of signal box diagrams.
- An Historical Survey of LMS Stations Volume 1 by R.P. Hendry & R.P. Hendry
- Published OPC 1982 0-86093-168-4. Selection of stations with plans, including some LNWR.
- An Historical Survey of LMS Stations Volume 2 by R.P. Hendry & R.P. Hendry
- Published OPC 1986 0-86093-330-X. Selection of stations with plans, including some LNWR.
- Historical Survey of Chester & Holyhead Railway by V.R. Anderson & G. Fox
- Published OPC 1984 0-86093-216-8. Track plans of every station on the main line.
- LNWR Portrayed by Jack Nelson
- Published by Peco 1975 0-900586-45-1. Sections on permanent way and embankments with drawings.
- LNWR Liveries by E. Talbot, G. Dow, P.A. Millard et al
- Published by HMRS 1986 0-902835-08-4. Section on standard permanent way with drawings.
LNWR Documents in Society Archives
- Various LNWR Maintenance Diagrams (at divisional and company boundaries) and Private Siding Diagrams organised in books by LNWR Engineering Division.
- A selection of RCH Junction Diagrams at various dates.
- L&NWRy. Humps. Longitudinal Sections showing gradients and track plans. 200ft:1in (long.) 8ft:1in (vert). Engineers Surveyors Office Euston. 10 sheets.
- LNWR Electrification of London District Suburban Lines. Contract No.2 Electrical Conductor Rails, Ramps, Fish Plates, Fish Bolts etc. Oct 1912. Including tender response dated 16/01/1913.
- LNWR Society Journals and magazines — see Periodical Bibliography.
- Archive Drawings — see Drawing Copy Service lists and Archive Drawing list.
- Various station track plans.
- L&NWR Drawings of Standard Permanent Way &c. 1909. 29 Drawings of rail/ points/ chairs/ crossings/ components/ wagon turntables/stop blocks/ point lever/ PW trolley
- L&NWR Drawings of Standard Permanent Way &c. 1916. 41 Drawings of rail/ points/ chairs/ crossings/ components/ wagon turntable/ stop blocks/ point lever/ PW trolley and illustrated list of PW tools
- Profiles of Track Formation in various situations on curves in cuttings and on embankments 1915 (Copy)
- National Railway Museum
- LNWR Society collection — see Photograph Copy Service, Study Centre and Zenfolio site.
- National Railway Museum
- Historical Model Railway Society