Glossary Results for Word "North London Railway (NLR)"
|North London Railway (NLR)||Incorporated in 1846 as the East and West India Docks &Birmingham Junction Railway, the lines between Bow and Chalk Farm were opened in sections between 1850 and 1852. The name was changed to the North London Railway from 8th July 1853. Worked by London North Western Railway from Dec 1908, it was eventually absorbed into London, Midland & Scottish Railway. Its original route was from the London North Western Railway at Camden to the West India Docks, Blackwall. Subsequent extensions and connecting lines enabled it to cover much of the northern and eastern suburbs of London. It also had junctions with the LNWR, Midland, Great Northern, Great Eastern, London Tilbury and Southend, and Great Western.|