Glossary Results for Word "Birmingham & Gloucester Railway"
|Birmingham & Gloucester Railway||Opened from Gloucester to a temporary terminus at Camp Hill in Birmingham on 17th December 1840 and extended to Birmingham New Street in 17th August 1841. In November 1842 through carriages were introduced between Euston and Gloucester. The BGR shared many directors and senior personnel with the LBR including J.E. McConnell and Captain C.R.Moorsom and Captain W.S.Moorsom. The BGR was absorbed into the Midland Railway in 1845.|